congrats to my old aau peep, sheldon serrao, on his getting accepted into pixar’s internship program for td/shader stuff. yaaaay.
Archive for December 2005
this’ll be a bit bloggier than most of the news here, but it’s time for a recap of the year.
- best film of the year – Serenity
- best film i watched this year – The Station Agent
- best animated film of the year – Wallace and Gromit
- best game of the year – games weren’t good this year
- game i played pretty much every day – Amped 2
- best new album – Death Cab for Cutie’s Plans
- album i listened to the most – Death Cab for Cutie’s
- Transatlanticism/Green Day’s American Idiot
- most amazing new song – Death Cab for Cutie’s I Will
- Follow You Into the Dark
- best tv show – Firefly
- best tv show that’s still on the air – Lost
- best animated short in a film festival – Hello
- language i’ve butchered the most this year – Korean
- city i miss the most – San Francisco :(
- thing i’m most done with right now – continuing this post :)
i saw the lion the witch and the wardrobe last night. i was hoping for a lord of the rings, but they delivered a harry potter. *sigh* i still had a good time watching it, i just wanted to have an amazing time watching it.
this really interesting interview with andy serkis was passed around at work today. despite my complete apathy toward the upcoming king kong, i have an immense respect for andy serkis and this is a very informative read i think. being that the main roles he’s played are essentially animated characters and that he’s a thoroughly trained actor, it’s good to hear in his words how he tackles his challenges. i found the comparison between how he played king kong vs. gollum particularly interesting and also the level of research that he puts into his roles. all very good stuff that can be seen in his performances.
a co-worker of mine threw a little xbox 2 launch party this weekend. now, nerdiness aside, it was pretty fun :p the party was fun, the actual xbox 2 was only kind of fun unfortunately. i compared it to a really hot blonde with a great body but with no personality. she’s pretty, but there’s really just no substance to the material. so, the xbox 2 and it’s feeble set of launch games is pretty, very pretty indeed, but as of right now i’d pass on it. which is sad, because i would kind of like to still consider myself as someone who’s in to video games. hopefully just give it 6 months and we’ll see…
so, somewhere along the line, i suck. and because of this suckage, the news page wouldn’t display for IE or safari users. so i’ve fixed that. i think. anyway, here it is, shiny as ever, my webpage.
as i’ve previously stated, the stuff page is starting to get some love. also, the about page has been updated to include some of the previous stories of my life because my mom doesn’t remember who i am, so she likes to read them (i think).